Social Connections (SocCnx) are very aware regarding the need for security and privacy. Therefore the following document describes how we control private information of our members, speakers, sponsors, attendees or web visitors (“you”). In our privacy statement we outline:
- What personal identifiable information Social Connections collects through all our systems
- What personal identifiable information can third parties collect through our systems.
- What organization collects the information.
- How Social Connections uses the information.
- With whom Social Connections may share your information.
- What choices are available regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Please read the following document carefully, and if you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we
Social Connections is a world-wide user group run by a team of volunteers (the team).
For purpose of invoicing, book keeping, taxes and other legal duties, we use a legal entity registred in Belgium:
||Oude Durme 2 Box 0205
9160 Lokeren, Belgium
||Private company with limited liability
||BE0680 665 232
What information we collect and why
Social Connections is the sole owner of the information collected on socialconnections.info and other systems we use for our event. Social Connections collects information on the following systems.
When you submit an abstract we will collect personal data apart from the session data. Some of this data will be published on our website and will be publically visible to be able to build an agenda. We collect the following data. First Name, Last Name, Email, Company name, telephone number, website, blog, twitter handle, linkedin profile, Facebook profile, biography, profile picture and corporate website. Following of these will be published on our website if the session is selected. First Name, Last Name, Company name, twitter handle, biography, profile picture, corporate website. None of the other data will be published or shared with 3th party.
- Social Connections Conference Registration
When you register for the Social Connections conference you will submit personal data into our systems. Following information is collected. First Name, Last Name, Email, Company name, Address, Job Title, Telephone numbers, website, blog, twitter handle, linkedin profile, Facebook profile and allergy information. Some of this information is shared with our sponsors, but only if you opt in while registering. There is a checkbox on the form asking for consent. Following data will be shared if you choose to give consent. First Name, Last Name, Email, Company name and Job Title
- Social Connections Conference Badges
Attendees are required to wear an official name badge during the event. Badges display your name and other information and may be readable on photos.
Member badges may be scanned by vendors during Conference activities. This is optional and members can ask for their badges not to be scanned. If they allow to have them scanned, following information will be shared. First Name, Last Name, Email, Job Title, Telephone Number, Company Name. We will also print a limited data set on the badge. This information will include, First Name, Last Name, Company, Job Title, Twitter Handle and Country
- Social Connections Slideshare
After the event we ask our speakers to send us their presentations. These presentations will be uploaded to the Social Connections SlideShare account (https://www.slideshare.net/soccnx). No other data than the slidedeck and slide title will be shared, all personal information in the actual slidedeck is the responsibliity of the speaker as it is an integral part of the presentation. This data is publically shared.
- Social Connections News Letter
You have the ability to subscribe to our newsletter. We collect the following information. First Name, Last Name, Email, Company Name and Country. Name and email are used to be able to address you in the newsletter, Company name is used to determine the type of user you are (IBM, Customer, Business Partner) and the country is sue dto be able to send conference targetted information. (e.g. only to Europeans for our European conference). You have the ability to unsubscribe and modify your data in Mailchimp yourself. Nonce of this information is shared with 3th party
- Social Connections Suppliers (aka sponsors)
If you are a sponsor, we collect information to be able to invoice you. Part of that data is personal identifiable information. We collect the following, First Name, Last Name, Email, Telephone number. None of this information is shared with 3th party.
- Log Files
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information, and are never given to third parties. The data however is processed by Google Analytics service. We limit the time data is held to 14 Months. After that all data is removed from Google’s services. Aggregate information may be used by Social Connections in order to provide vendor partners with more detailed information on our clients’ usage, and for the Social Connections to enhance our services.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We only use session ID cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates.
- Mobile Application
When installing and using our mobile application for the first time,You will need to login to be able to participate. this can be done by registering with a user name and password, using facebook or using LinkedIn.
When creating a profile we collect the following information. First Name, Last Name and Email. This data is shared with other users of the application. Optionally, users can choose to share their Job Title, Social Media channels and a biography.
- Event Pictures
During our conferences and accompanying social activities we often take pictures of people and share them on our Flickr channel (https://www.flickr.com/photos/soccnx) or Twitter. The pictures may be also used to promote our conferences in news letters or brochures. By registering for the event you allow us to do so. You can any time refuse to be photographed in portrait style or ask for removal or certain photos.
- Legal Disclaimer
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
- Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, the Social Connections organisation, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Managing your personal information and your rights
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete your personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the on your profile or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We take appropriate measures to respect your rights that include:
- Right to information – which means that you can ask what personal data about you is being processed and the rationale for such processing
- Right to access – which means that you can to get access to view or see your personal data that is being processed or to get a copy of it
- Right to rectification – which means you can ask for modifications to your personal data in case you believe that this personal data is not up to date or accurate
- Right to withdraw consent – which means that we have to stop processing of your personal data after you revoke your consent if the only reason for lawful processing is your consent
- Right to object – which means that we have to stop processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms
- Right not to be a subject of automated processing including profiling – which means that we can not do decisions based solely on automated processing which produce legal effects or similarly significantly affect you
- Right to be forgotten – which means that you can ask (under certain situations) for the deletion of your data that we process, i.e. in case you withdraw your consent or if your personal data is no longer needed for the purpose we collected it or process it
- Right for data portability – which means that you can ask for transfer of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
Updates to this policy
This policy is effective since May 25, 2018.
Listing of tools and their gdpr compliance information